This Frito pie is perfect for Bad Food Sundays! If You love Frito Pie like I do, check out this recipe on how I make mine, it’s sooo Delish!
This Frito Pie recipe is made with my Chelle’ Chili recipe, just add Fritos “the Less Salt kind” & Cheese…and there, you have Chelle’ Chili Frito Pie! That’s how I do it.
I especially love to make this for my Bad Food Sundays.
The Chelle’ Chili with Beans recipe was created by me when I was a teenager and I wanted to share it with you. I will show you how to make the Chelle’ Chili Frito Pie, Step by Step! This is a no fuss, super quick chili recipe and it doesn’t require going to specialty grocers to pick up hard to find Ingredients!
It makes me happy that my family loves it! Hopefully you will too.
A lot of people say, “It’s not chili if it has beans in it“! Well, MINE DOES and I like it!! Lol
If I still have your interest, keep reading….
Fritos, Ground Beef, Dark Red Kidney Beans, Black Beans, Pinto Beans, Onion, Garlic, Tomato Sauce, Whole Tomatoes, Diced Tomatoes & Green Chilies, Seasonings, Cheese (optional) not shown
The Chelle’ Chili for the Chelle’ Chili Frito Pie is slightly mild to not, if that makes sense?! I’m not crazy over waving my hands over a spicy hot mouth, so, I usually stick to the mild to none type foods. If you like it hot, then you can simply change this recipe up a tad, instead of Original Rotel, you can choose between, mild, hot or spicy, instead.
This is perfect for families that do not have a lot of time to make big meals, during the busy work week. This batch will make enough for dinner tonight and for leftovers tomorrow.
YOU KNOW food like this is WAY better the next day!! WINK:)
Let’s Get Started ↓
Add Oil & Onions, cook onions until they are translucent…
Break up the beef…
Add Dark Kidney Beans, Black Beans & Pinto Beans (undrained)…
*Optional* Stir in whole Tomatoes (undrained)…
Stir in Tomato Sauce…
Stir in Diced Tomatoes & Green Chilies…
Stir and bring to a boil…
Cover and simmer for 30 minutes (Best Results, simmer 2 hours or longer)
TADA, Chelle’ Chili Frito Pie!
Serve chili in a bowl, top with Fritos & Cheese and you’re done!
It’s my preference to add fritos to the TOP, I like a little CRUNCH to my Frito Pie!
To give it a try, Save or Print out the Chelle’ Chili Frito Pie recipe below. Enjoy!
- 1 lb Lean Ground Beef I use 96/4% Tube
- 1 TBSP Olive Oil
- 1 Small Onion Diced
- 1 TBSP Garlic Pre-minced in jar (or 1 clove)
- 2 tsp Mortons Season All Seasoning Or you can use your favorite
- 1 tsp Onion salt
- 1/2 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 TBSP Chili Powder
- 1 14.5 oz can Red Kidney Beans, undrained
- 1 14.5 oz can Pinto Beans, undrained
- 1 14.5 oz can Black Beans, undrained
- 1 14.5 oz can Tomato Sauce
- 1 14.5 oz can Whole or Half Tomatoes, undrained *OPTIONAL (kids may not care for it)
- 1 10 oz can Diced tomatoes & green chilies (I use Rotel Brand Original )
- 1½ cups Water (Use more for desired consistency )
- Your Favorite Shredded cheese
- Dash of Pepper
- And most importantly….FRITOS, " Less Salt"
- Heat olive oil on medium, In a large (about 8-10 qt) cooking pot for a minute.
- Sauté diced onion and garlic until onion is translucent.
- Add beef and finely break up with a spatula or wooden spoon. Continue Stirring on medium heat until the beef is almost well done, now...
- Add Morton Season All Seasoning, Onion Salt, Garlic Powder, Chili Powder, mix well.
- Add Red Kidney Beans, black beans, pinto beans, tomato sauce, whole tomatoes, tomatoes & green chilies & water.
- Bring to a full boil on medium-high heat, then cover and simmer on low, stir occasionally. (Add more water for desired consistency)
- For quick chili, simmer for 30 minutes.
- For BEST results, simmer covered on low for a couple of hours.
- Remove from heat, let cool for 5 minutes.
- Pour chili in a bowl, top with your favorite cheese, sprinkle with pepper and add a handful of fritos and TaDa, you are good to go! Enjoy!
I hope you enjoyed todays recipe, Keep checking back to see what I’m up to next!
If You have tried this recipe, please come back and share your thoughts.