The Chelle’ Chili with Beans recipe was created by me when I was a teenager and I wanted to share it with you. This is a no fuss, super quick chili recipe and it doesn’t require going to specialty grocers to pick up hard to find Ingredients!
It makes me happy that my family loves it! Hopefully you will too.
A lot of people say, “It’s not chili if it has beans in it“! Well, MINE DOES and I like it!! Lol
If I still have your interest, keep reading….
Ingredients: Ground Beef, Dark Red Beans, Pinto Beans, Black Beans, Onion, Whole Tomatoes, Garlic, Tomatoes & Green Chilies & Seasonings
It’s slightly mild to not, if that makes sense?! I’m not crazy over waving my hands over a spicy hot mouth, so, I usually stick to the mild to none type foods. If you like it hot, then you can simply change this recipe up a tad, instead of Original Flavor “Diced Tomatoes & Green Chilies”, you can choose between, mild, hot or spicy, instead.
This is perfect for anyone & families that do not have a lot of time to make big meals, during the busy work week. This batch will make enough for dinner tonight and for leftovers tomorrow.
YOU KNOW food like this is WAY better the next day!! WINK:)
Let’s Get Started ↓
Add Oil, Onions and Garlic…
Break Up The Beef…
Pour In Kidney Beans, Black Beans & Pinto Beans…
*Optional* Add Whole Tomatoes and stir…
Add Tomato Sauce and stir…
Add Diced Tomatoes & Green Chilies and stir…(Spice it up here if you like)
Pour In Water…
Bring to a boil, Cover & Simmer for 30 Minutes (Best Results for 2 hours)
Add your favorite toppings & your done!
This Chelle’ Chili makes great Chelle’ Chili Frito Pie, Check it out!
To try this out, Save or Print out the Chelle’ Chili recipe below & enjoy!
- 1 lb Lean Ground Beef I use 96/4% Tube
- 1 TBSP Olive Oil
- 1 Small Onion Diced
- 1 TBSP Garlic Pre-minced in jar (or 1 clove)
- 2 tsp Mortons Season All Seasoning Or you can use your favorite
- 1 tsp Onion salt
- ½ tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 TBSP Chili Powder
- 1 14.5 oz can Red Kidney Beans
- 1 14.5 oz can Pinto Beans
- 1 14.5 oz can Black Beans
- 1 14.5 oz can Tomato Sauce
- 1 14.5 oz can Whole or Half Tomatoes *OPTIONAL (kids may not care for it)
- 1 10 oz can Diced tomatoes & green chilies I use Rotel Brand Original
- 1½ cups Water (Use more for desired consistency)
- Shredded cheese (Your favorite kind)
- 1 dash Pepper * Optional Top on dish
- Heat olive oil on medium, In a large (about 8-10 qt) cooking pot for a minute.
- Sauté diced onion and garlic until onion is translucent.
- Add beef and finely break up with a spatula or wooden spoon. Continue Stirring on medium heat until the beef is almost well done, now...
- Add Morton Season All Seasoning, Onion Salt, Garlic Powder, Chili Powder, mix well.
- Add Red Kidney Beans, Black Beans, Pinto Beans (undrained), Tomato Sauce, Whole Tomatoes (undrained), Tomatoes & Green Chilies & Water, Bring to a full boil on medium-high heat, then cover and simmer on low, stir occasionally. (Add more water for desired consistency)
- For quick chili, simmer for 30 minutes.
- For BEST results, simmer covered on low for a couple of hours.
- Remove from heat, let cool for 5 minutes.
- Optional: Top with shredded cheese & pepper, or your favorite toppings. Enjoy!
I hope you liked todays Recipe. Keep checking in to see what I’m up to next!
If you’ve tried this recipe, please come back & share your thoughts.