This recipe for Ginger Miso Baked Salmon is so easy, elegant and so delicious! You don’t have to be a fancy seafood chef to make this. When it comes to cooking fish, I used to be intimidated, but really, this Ginger Miso Baked Salmon recipe is simple to follow and you can’t mess it up. Miso paste is most common in Japanese and Asian Cuisines, it gives this recipe an abundance of flavor, for those taste buds! If you are familiar with Miso Soup, then you know it’s delicious. Combined with ginger, orange, lemon and miso, the flavors are AMAZING!
With several savory ingredients you can make this ginger miso marinade ahead of time and store in the refrigerator for up to a week and use on grilled steaks or chicken too. You will have to marinate the salmon in this marinade for at least two hours, so make it ahead of time, then you can have a gourmet lunch or dinner for your family and friends, or just yourself, in 20 minutes! All the ingredients can be found in your local grocery store. If you can’t find miso, a whole food store will have it.
This is what you’ll need ↓
Salmon, Fresh Ginger, Miso Paste, Garlic, Sesame Oil, Japanese Miren Wine, Honey-Orange Blossom, Orange, Lemon, Tamari Sauce, see below for a printable recipe.
In a bowl, combine Miren, Miso, Ginger, Garlic, Sesame Oil, Honey-Orange Blossom and Tamari, then mix well. Then cut the orange and lemon in half and squeeze the juice from both into the mixture and stir well.
Rinse your salmon with cool water, It’s your choice if you want to leave the skin on or off. There are two ways you can marinate your salmon. You can place your salmon and marinade in a Zip Lock Baggie or Place your salmon and marinade in a container with a lid. Then, place in the frigerator for a couple of hours or up to 24 hours, for more flavor.
After a couple of hours, grease baking dish generously and place your salmon in the dish, then spoon on more marinade to your desire. Bake uncovered for 15 minutes at 375°, then Broil at 500° for 5 minutes or until the glaze browns around the edges.
Get your Printable Recipe Below…
- 1 Pound Salmon
- 2 Tablespoon minced fresh Ginger
- 2 Tablespoon minced garlic in a jar
- 6 Tablespoon Miso Paste or (Miso Easy)
- 1 Teaspoon Sesame Oil
- 2 Tablespoon Japanese Miren Wine
- 4 Tablespoon Honey/ Orange Blossom
- 2 Tablespoon Tamari Sauce
- 1 Orange
- 1 Lemon
- Rinse Salmon with cool water and set aside.
- In a bowl, Combine Ginger, Garlic, Miso, Sesame Oil, Miren, Honey and Tamari Sauce and mix well.
- Cut Orange and Lemon in half and squeeze the juice from both into the mixture and stir.
- Place salmon and pour marinade into a zip lock baggie or container and marinate in refrigerator for 2 hours.
- Grease baking dish and place the salmon in the dish.
- Bake at 375 for 15 minutes, then broil at 500 for 5 minutes. Enjoy!
Give this recipe a try and let me know what you think, I know you’ll love it!
I hope you enjoyed todays recipe, Keep checking back to see what I’m up to next!
Always from my DIY ♥, chelle’