Seasoned Shredded Chicken
This recipe is so delicious and made with love. It’s so simple and takes about an hour to make. This Seasoned Shredded Chicken recipe will give you a head start to creating other delicious meals for your family & friends. I will show you how I make mine Step by Step!
Oh…the things you can make with seasoned shredded chicken..Possibilities are endless, seriously!
I prefer to use Dark meat chicken over white meat chicken for this recipe.
Let’s Get Started ↓
Seasoned Shredded Chicken:
Family Pack Leg Quarters or Breast of Chicken, Carrots, Celery, Onion, Fresh Sage & Water
Black Pepper, Natures Season’s Seasoning Blend, Onion Powder & Celery Salt
Dice Carrots, Celery & Onions
On medium to high heat, place chicken pieces in a 8 quart cooking pot…
Add Carrots, Celery & Sage, add 6 cups of water and boil uncovered for 30 minutes, then cover, turn heat down to low/medium and cook an additional 20 minutes…
Remove from heat. Remove chicken pieces from pot, de-skin and de-bone chicken…
Strain out one and a half cups of vegetables into a bowl and set aside. At this point, spoon out sage leaves and discard…
Now, place de-boned & de-skinned chicken in a large bowl and shred with two forks…
Add Black Pepper, Onion Powder, Celery Salt & Natures Season’s Seasoning Blend…
Add the vegetables that were previously strained into the bowl of chicken, mash veggies into the chicken with fork & mix well. And you’re done!
Here you have a tasty and delicious Seasoned Shredded Chicken recipe that you can enjoy with your family. To name a few ideas that you can make with Seasoned Shredded Chicken… top this on a salad, you can have this as is with your favorite crackers or chicken salad sandwiches , (you can add cumin) or not, to make chicken quesadillas.
I told you, the possibilities are endless!!
Don’t forget the leftover broth! Add salt & pepper and there you have a light lunch or simply freeze for future meals. This broth is perfect for my Pancit recipe too!
To try this out, Save or Print out the Seasoned Shredded Chicken recipe below & enjoy!
- 5-6 pcs (Family Pack) Leg Quarters or Breast of Chicken (Skin On)
- 6 cups of Water
- 1 cup diced baby carrots
- 1 cup diced celery
- 1½ cup chopped yellow onions
- ¼ tsp Coarse Black Pepper
- ½ TBSP Natures Season's Seasoning Blend
- ¼ tsp. Onion Powder
- ¼ tsp Celery Salt
- 2 Fresh Sage Leaves
- Place chicken (skin on) in an 8 Quart Cooking Pot on medium/high heat
- Add onion, celery, carrots & sage
- Add water to cooking pot and boil for 30 minutes.
- After the 30 minutes, cover, reduce heat to low medium for an additional 20 minutes.
- Remove cooking pot from heat.
- Place chicken pieces on a kitchen plate to de-bone & de-skin.
- Strain out 1½ cups of vegetables & set aside.
- Put deboned chicken in a large bowl, using two forks, start shredding chicken to your desired size.
- Add black pepper, Natures Season's Seasoning Blend, Onion Powder & Celery Salt to chicken.
- Add strained vegetables to the chicken, mix well and you're done. Enjoy!
- Remove sage & discard, store leftover broth in the refrigerator or freeze for future meals. (Be sure broth is completely cooled before freezing)
I hope you enjoyed todays Recipe. Keep checking back to see what I’m up to next!
What do you like to make with shredded chicken? Have questions or want to share your ideas, comment below…