Turkey Sausage and Zucchini Cornbread
This Turkey Sausage and Zucchini Cornbread recipe, using the Jiffy Corn Muffin Mix is so delicious, filling and easy to make. It takes about an hour to make, you can have this as a meal or a side dish.
Top with Cheese to make it even more delicious!
I baked this recipe in an iron skillet, just because it seemed pretty cool! Lol (It makes it look gorgeous.) You can bake this Turkey Sausage & Zucchini recipe in any baking dish and get the same results. If you know you are going to have a super busy week with meetings or what have you, use a muffin pan to make Turkey Sausage & Zucchini Cornbread Muffins and have a yummy snack on the go.
Ingredients: Jiffy Corn Muffin Mix, Turkey Sausage Link, Onion, Zucchini, Green Chilies, Milk & One Egg
Lets Get Started ↓
Chop Sausage, Zucchini & Onion
Add Oil & Onions to pan and cook until onions are translucent…
Add Sausage & Stir…
Add Zucchini & Stir…
Add a dash of Pepper, mix well, & continue to cook for 10 minutes and set aside…
Heat Oven at 400 degrees, Pour Jiffy Corn Muffin Mix into a large bowl and follow the instructions on the box…
Add One Egg & 1/3 cup of milk (per instructions on the box)…
Mix batter, don’t over mix though…
Add cooked ingredients to batter & fold into batter…
Add Green Chilies…
Grease baking dish…
Pour batter into baking dish and position in oven, bake for 40 minutes or until golden brown. Now, you are that much closer to delicious madness!
You can enjoy this as is or layer sprinkled cheese on top.
This is great with chili too, check out my Chelle’ Chili recipe, to see what I’m talking about!
To try this out, Save or Print out the Turkey Sausage and Zucchini Cornbread recipe below & enjoy!
- 1 Box Jiffy Corn Muffin Mix
- 1 Turkey Sausage Link
- 1 Small onion or half of a medium onion
- 1 Large Zucchini
- 1 (4 oz can) Green Chilies
- 1 TBSP Olive Oil
- 1 Egg
- ⅓ cup Milk
- Dash of Pepper
- Heat large pan on medium heat , about 1 minute
- Add Olive Oil to pan
- Add Onion & sauté until onion is translucent, about 5 minutes
- Add Chopped Turkey Sausage, cook for 5 minutes, keep stirring
- Add Chopped Zucchini, cook for 5 minutes, keep stirring
- Add dash of pepper and stir.
- Remove from heat & set aside.
- Heat Oven to 400 degrees
- Pour Jiffy Corn Muffin Mix into a large bowl
- Add Egg & Milk, then mix. Do not over mix the batter. (It will be lumpy.)
- Pour cooked mixture into the batter and fold until well blended
- Grease baking dish and pour the completed batter mixture into your baking dish.
- Place in oven for 40 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove from oven and let it sit for a couple of minutes, then top with cheese if you like. Enjoy!
I hope you liked todays Recipe. Keep checking in to see what I’m up to next!
If you’ve tried this recipe, please come back & share your thoughts.